Authority to the Airgunning World

Where instigating argumentative debates and stepping on egos are the rule.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Since this topic was banned on the yellow (The very reason this blog was created), I might as well continue it here. This guy is selling a Whiscombe model 70 in the classifieds:

Bend-me-over Whiscombe pricing

He does a good job hyping up this rifle, just like Beeman did in his catalogs. Just might borrow his copy in my Whiscombe ad (JW 80 S/N 001) for 10K if he is successful.

For some reason beyond my intellect, these types of rifles have an aura about them that commands outrageous pricing. I have two, and don't think they are that big of a deal.

With all the buzz with these rifles, maybe I should start worshiping the people who own them. I should be patting myself on the back for being in such an exclusive club.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Caveat emptor, hillbilly," is all I have to say. If you really think these are investments and they are that special, go ahead and sell your trailer (if it's worth that much) and buy that junk. I remember in 1998 getting ready to order a Whiscomb, then I realized that I really didn't like their clunky design. Nothing like a 25 pound airgun.

Why is it that toothless hillbilly rubes run amok on the other forum and tend to dominate discussion with talk to MRods and Gamos. Then, mention that a Whiscomb is not worth the high dollar asking price, and these belligerent small-minded people come out in such force to say that it is worth every penny and that they would love to own one - if they only had the money. That is very telling. If they only had the money. Everyone is an expert, even the Gamo hounds.

Perhaps this gentleman would trade for a fine USFT?

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The person that buys this rifle should be sure to pick up the Crosman #7's the guy currently has listed on Brad's for $200 a box....

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=16458&adSort=&StartingAd=0&NumberOfPages=4

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another idiot who can't use a spell checker: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1264434845/Best+bang+for+the+buck+on+Euro+spring+piston+rifles+-+Long+post

This guy might be Albert Einstein reborn (doubtful), but he does provide an easy target for why I hate most forums. Ignorant, uneducated and unwilling to put forth effort to improve himself.

Am I elitist? No, I just can't stand rampant stupidity.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, 7000 bucks and you still have to pay your own shipping?

That's just mean.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are ya gonna update this gig? I mean it's been almost two years. Your authority needs reestablishing dude else you're gonna lose it against Russ Best again. ;)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah come on Sonny update this blog. It was the greatest in its day. God knows there is plenty of good material available over on the yellow to make fun of. Rock on.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home