Authority to the Airgunning World

Where instigating argumentative debates and stepping on egos are the rule.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Please send prayers and money my way! This is the perfect way for people to feel sorry for you. A vast majority of the posters who visit these boards already have one foot in the grave anyway. Ironically, when something tragic happens, everyone is surprised. The only problem is anyone who knows the old codger saw it coming miles away - many years before the breaking news.
I'd like to post a thread someday where I claim to be on my death bed, and requesting money from the forum members immediately. Depending on my popularity, I can probably roll in a few dollars from the stunt.
Feeling down and depressed? Get instant gratification and attention with a pity party! Here is how you do it:

1. Post a thread on an airgun forum asking for prayers. It doesn't matter what the problem is.
2. Kindly ask for assistance.
3. Set up a paypal account to accept payments.
4. Sit back and rake in free money.

That's all there is to it! You're not alone - many of the elite airgunners have done it. Most notably:

1. Russ Best
2. Blue
3. Wayne at addictive
4. DaveG

And many more!

So what are you waiting for? Get crackin' and flood the message boards with your very own I'm-down-on-my-luck story!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya...

I had to laugh when one of the recent objects of a fundraiser/auction got on the forum a month later. He was talking about a $2000+ airgun he had, along with 50 others. Hard up!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you see that this is the only way most of us old coggers can afford to buy those expenisve new airguns? I'll be praying for you Steve.....

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

airgun gods move in mysterious ways ......

6:45 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Funny!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on. I lost all respect for 'ol Russ Best after that one.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home