Authority to the Airgunning World

Where instigating argumentative debates and stepping on egos are the rule.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reasons why not to use USPS to ship your airgun or related accessories:

1. Can't track the shipment
2. Employees have no idea were the package is at any given time
3. Costs significantly more for packages over 10 lbs.

I've had it with this carrier. Why are the employees so incompetent with every aspect of the business? It seems like every question you have ends with, "I don't know"?

This is nothing new. I have observed this behavior for as long as I can remember; at least 20 years.

I finally realized what was going on when I saw the application. It went something like this:

1. If you know how to read and write, what is the highest grade that you completed?

A. 4th grade
B. 5rd grade
C. 6th grade
D. 7th grade

2. If you could rate your troubleshooting ability on a scale from 1 to 10, what would it be?

A. 0
B. 1
C. 2
D. 3

Note: If you have any trace of troubleshooting ability, you will NOT be considered for any position.

I recently wanted to pick up a Leupold scope that I missed during normal scheduled delivery. When I gave the postal worker the pickup slip at the station, she took 10 minutes then came back to the window. She said she couldn't find it. How can you not find a shipment with a tracking # that is insured? I felt like saying, "Please direct me to one individual here that is not inbred".

She then gave me a phone # to call. After two hours I received a call back saying the package was at the station. The question is, "Why would you trust a carrier shipping your expensive items when they don't have a system in place"? I love the tracking #'s. If you try to track it, the results will always be "In transit". Problem is, no one knows where the shipment is at any given time, including ALL workers at USPS (not most).

At least FedEx and UPS have a true tracking system you can monitor. I suppose if you work for a government entity that prohibits competition, there is no incentive to improve anyway.

Moral of the story: Don't use this crummy service if you have anything valuable!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the USPS went private a few years ago, about the time all of the rate hikes began. You are right thought, they suck!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home